If Maineiac can do it, I can do it. Right? I mean, she makes it look fun. She makes it look easy. And, she showed no signs of nervousness. Check it out for yourself; Maineiac posted a Vlog.
Me? I’m sweating just thinking about it. Good thing I am wearing deodorant.
Because Maineac did it. I’m going to do it. Please know, this does not mean I would jump off a bridge or drive off a cliff if Maineac did either one of those things.
ACK. I’m nervous.
First things first, which I will no doubt repeat verbally, I talk like I write or I write like I talk. Frequently, I say things that go over like a lead balloon with others but leave me laughing. It’s a gift – or a curse, I’m not sure which one.
The purpose of this particular vlog is give readers a face and voice behind the posts. (For better or worse.) Bloggers are made up of many different voices and many different accents (dialects, in fact), and this vlog shares my accent with you. (Again, for better or worse.)
Just like Maineiac did in her vlog, I will answer specific questions and speak specific words. I suppose one might say this video was scripted, though I promise I did not use a teleprompter.
As my heart races and my underarms sweat, I give you proof of something; though, I’m not certain what I am proving or that it needed to be proven:
The words I mentioned in the vlog included:
aunt, route, wash, oil, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, splitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught. (I added the words: pen, pin and hill.)
The questions I answered include:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug, that when you touch it, curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body & extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?
That’s it! Hope you enjoyed the show. If you have not done this type of vlog yet – give it a go. I’d love to hear you.