UPDATE: I’ve tagged. I’ve tagged. I repeat – I have tagged. You’ve been warned.
When I was a kid, I played tag: plain tag, freeze tag and television tag. Nowadays, kids don’t play the game of tag from yesteryear. Now, kids play social media tag.
Faces are tagged in pictures posted on Facebook, hash-tags are used when tweeting and now – the blogosphere is taking part in the social media game of tag. Of course, here – within the blogosphere, tag is the nice way of saying ‘chain letter’.
Well, I was tagged; and because I really like my blogging buddy, I’m accepting her
chain letter tag and playing the game.
My job is to answer Kim’s 11 questions, come up with 11 new questions, and tag others to partake in the
chain letter game. Though I thought about not playing, I remembered the image Kim included in her post; then, I stole it.
I have things to do and people to see. I’d rather not have death cause me to miss my plans. So, here goes…
1. Have you ever played an instrument? If you haven’t, what kind would you like to be able to play?
Have I ever played an instrument? Define played. I mean, I’ve strummed a guitar, tickled the ivories (and ebonies) on a piano, beat some drums, blown a trumpet, harmonic, flute and a recorder. Does that count? No, I know it doesn’t count. No, Kim – I have not played an instrument. But, I would love to learn how to play the guitar and drums.
2. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleeping and why?
I don’t remember, but I am guessing it took place in college. I was queen of pulling all-nighters and cramming for tests. I also worked the security/sign-in desk in the dorm during the overnight hours. As I write, I remember attending a Halloween party in Lilburn one night, leaving the party around Midnight and heading back to Athens for a 3am – 7am shift. That is about an hour and a half drive. I got lost somewhere around Braselton (Kim Bassinger country), but I made it back to the dorm in time for my shift.
3. If you could be a fly on anyone’s wall, whose would it be and what would you hope to learn?
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Can I just be a fly for a day and travel around? (No swatting permitted.) I could give you many names, but I will stick with only one. I’d love to be the fly on the wall of the President of the United States, in hopes I would get a sense of how he thinks, what he wants, etc. And, I’d like to be the fly on the wall of any President of the United States – not just our current President.
* Based on my answer to question 9, I wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall at John’s house, in hopes of finding out what he is really like offline.
4. What are 5 items in your home you could not possibly live without?
Rob, Joe, Charlie, Wilbur and Cherokee. They aren’t items, but I do not want to think about living without them. Other than my family and pooches, I’d rather not do without my laptop, camera and internet access. (Currently, there is no Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in my freezer, otherwise that would be listed.)
5. If someone popped by your house unannounced right now, what would you be most embarrassed about?
Hmm… I guess I would be concerned the toilet wasn’t flushed. The boys sometimes forget. (Even with the note above the toilet REMINDING them to flush AND wash hands.) Yeah, I guess the bathroom would be the greatest possible source of embarrassment. The dog hair, the miscellaneous papers, etc. wouldn’t bother me. Our house is lived in – period. (I did shower today, so if someone wants to come over unannounced, today would be a good day to do it.)
6. Honestly now – Do you watch any of the Kardashian circus?
No. I could not even tell you the names of the family members. I have no idea which girl is whom.
7. If you could be famous for anything, what would you want that to be?
A writer, I suppose. I’m not sure I want to be famous. Well, if it is a paid gig – then maybe for 15 minutes.
8. Who is that one person from your past you would most like to connect with but you either don’t remember his/her last name, don’t know her married name or just can’t find on any searches?
Wow, this is a good question. Thanks to certain friends who shall remain nameless (coughyoucoughpassatgirlcough), I’ve honed my stalking skills, so I think I’ve found anyone/everyone I wanted to find. The question is – does s/he know I found her/him? Mwahahahahaha!
9. Who is at the top of your “list?” You know, the one you’re allowed to stray from the marriage for.
Edward Norton. *sigh*
John Cusack was number one for many years; but I follow him on Twitter, and he’s a bit too mean and too liberal for me. (I’d probably get over it in an instant, should he appear unannounced at my door right now. I showered today!!)
10. What’s your preference: Phone call, text or email?
Email, please. I do not text, and I do hate the phone. I know, ‘hate’ is a very strong word; that’s why I used it.
11. Do you have a new/newer/newish laptop that you just have no need for and you want to send to a family who currently has only one working computer, and it’s a work computer and really isn’t supposed to be used for anything but work but is currently being used for this blog right this very second?
As a matter of fact … No, I don’t. However, if I hear of a computer that is not needed, I will write a post about it, in case there is someone currently using a work computer for personal matters who is looking for a non-work computer to use for personal matters.
I am no longer too tired to think of questions. And, tomorrow, I will make sure I eat before I have two cups of coffee. Good lord, I’m a manic madness this morning.
- What is your favorite color, and what do you think it would taste like?
- Do you sleep on your left side, right side, back or stomach?
- Do you floss your teeth?
- Do you close the lid before flushing the toilet?
- How many times a day do you brush your teeth?
- How many times have you brushed your hair today? If you are follicle-challenged, how many times have you rubbed your bald head?
- Do your feet smell? (Go ahead and check, we’ll wait.)
- Do you have any Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in your freezer? May I have it?
- If you notice food stuck between someone’s teeth – do you make an effort to tell him/her? If not, why are you so cruel?
- What feature do you most like about me?
- Don’t you think I should be discovered, while I sit doing nothing, and become famous for my writing?